Core Mission and Purpose
To pursue Hindu religious activities, as well as cultural and social activities of the Bengali community in the state of Nevada, as follows:
- Organize religious and non-religious festivals of Bengal.
- Promote appreciation of Bengali culture and heritage through cultural, social and recreational programs.
- Teach Bengali language classes for children in North America.
- Establish contacts/affiliations with organizations of similar interests and vision.
- Publish and circulate general and cultural news.
- Spread Bengali heritage among second generation Bengalis in North America.
- Engage with other non-profit organizations dedicated toward promoting Hindu religion and/or Bengali culture.
The overall vision of the Association is to nurture and foster religious, social, cultural, music, art, cuisine, and spiritual heritage of Bengali residents of Nevada through Hindu religious, cultural, and educational activities.
Said organization is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, education and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations described under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
The BANV (Bengali Association of Nevada) is conducted according to bylaws which reflect its core mission, purpose, and vision, as well as broad guidelines for the community to function.